Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Going to Guatemala...

Well, it's official, I'm going to Guatemala. The back story: I was told by an individual that I was suppose to go on our church's mission trip. I thought about all the excuses that I could, and couldn't come up with a good one. One:I can afford it. Two:It falls on my days off (for the most part). And Three: I've always felt that God has wanted me to go to Guatemala. I have had so many chances to go, but have put it off until now. I just feel that this is the time and trip that I am meant to go on. I felt that way, before that individual approached me about going. So that was my confirmation that I should go.

Year before last, Jamie and I had talked about going, but didn't take the steps in time to go. We once made lists of things we wanted to accomplish. One of Jamie's, was to go on a mission trip. In my heart, Jamie gets to go. I will also take the infamous "GAP" sweatshirt with me. The sweatshirt is my way of feeling like I'm taking a piece of Jamie with me when I wished that he was there experience something with me. It went to Narnia with me. It even made it to the CD release concert for the dallas Stevens band. Eventually I hope to be able to wear it, but that's a few pounds away for me. I think it's biggest journey will be to England. That was the trip that we were to go on when Jamie was well. Now, that he has received his ultimate healing, we are going in his memory.

everything starts out as one subject and turns into a subject on Jamie, but I like it that way.

Love ya,
Mic

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome Micki. Where in Guatamala will you be going? You know, Bobby could be your flight attendant if you fly AA. I don't guess I knew about Jamie's GAP sweatshirt? How many pounds have you lost--Need any encouragement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome woman Micki. I love you very much. Have a great time in Guatemala. It's a very beautiful country.

    Luv ya,
    Kari

    ReplyDelete