Monday, March 13, 2006

Road Kill…
Yesterday, on my way to church, I had a very devastating occurrence. I was driving on the Loop (the freeway that circles Lubbock), and out of no where this huge four legged creature jumped out of no where. Due to the fact that I was in the process of passing a car, I was very concerned with the other vehicle. They had drifted very close to my car, and I was watching them as not to get hit by them. Just as I had inched in front of the other car, there it was. This creature was just sitting there in the road right in front of me. At 60 MPH, I had no choice; I had to hit it straight on. My blood pressure increased, my heart raced faster and faster. In that split second just before impact, I felt my whole body cringe. Was it going to feel the pain? What were its survival chances? Was there any hope for this exquisite creature? In the end the answer was, there was no hope. In my rear view mirror, I saw it. It was not pretty. It was even grotesque. Strewn across the lanes of traffic were all it’s body parts. Yes, I was responsible for the needless death of one endangered folding chair. But, my car is fine.

Hope you laughed,
Micki

2 comments:

  1. Very funny Micki. I was taken in until the very end and I was wondering how you could be so non-chalant (sp?) about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT FUNNY MICKI!!!!! I don't like to cry anyway, and this was a definite case of tears WASTED! ;-}

    Even so, I must admit...you're good. You totally had me going...

    Miss ya :)

    ReplyDelete