Monday, March 20, 2006

Piano lessons after 20 years... 20 some years ago I would sit each week and tap out enough notes on a piano to get my little stickers in my piano book. One of these books was the same piano book that I carried with me today to my first "adult" piano lesson. In the first 2 seconds the book was thrown out and replaced with something I understood. Why had no one told me that theory could be played on a piano? In 45 minutes, I think I got it. Not that I don't have a ton of lessons left to being able to play for real. But tonight, I set down at the piano at home and I could play a song. I'm not sure if I'll play it fluently the next time I sit down, but I'm getting there. This will be fun this time, sorry mom. What I learned the first time around, was enough to get me through my lines in choir. But this time, I may get it. Piano lessons are something most children take for granted, and regret taking for granted as adults. I think it'll be fun as an adult.

3 comments:

  1. Micki,

    Good for you!!! I've always said that if Jacob and/or Kaitlynn wanted to take piano lessons I would take them again too. I hope I get that chance. Luv ya, Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. good... so... when you gonna blog again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been tagged.

    Go read my blog if you want to play.

    ReplyDelete