Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 3: 2-20-10

Oops, I missed day 3.  Saturday was a long day.  I did some cleaning.  Ken ran errands. He brought back Dunkin' Donuts and we played cribbage.  We were having a great afternoon, until the wall was hit.  Some where around 4ish I became very irritated about something.  Its one of those irritations that was ever present, and I could mask it by having fun, and forget the irritation for a while, but it would always comes back.  Without going into details, I always forget how healing it is to confront irritation and not coop it up.  Because I Love Ken so much, I hate to confront him with something that he has no idea is coming.  But, once it was out there, great things happened in our relationship.  We ( I ) discovered that if we had only had our conversation before it was this great irritation, it would have saved a lot of hurting.  Now, its not that we are completely perfect.  Its like having a splinter.  We could have just left it to fester, and become sore, and infected.  Or, we could work at removing the splinter.  We are working at a very small splinter.  And, now that  we have started removing it, we instantly know that, with the small pain we may feel now, we will be better in the long run having the splinter gone, and not a source of infection in our lives.

Needless to say, we ended Saturday very happy, and spending time with friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I want to add that this irritation is not a make it break it kind of irritation. But it needed to be dealt with. Just didn't want any worry-wart spring up about the nation.

    ReplyDelete