Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 5: February 23rd

The question on the radio this morning was "If you could relive one day of your life, without changing anything. What day would it be?"  I think this is a great question, but an unfair question for me.  I can not answer this question with one day.  Because of my distinct situation, I need to answer this question with 2 days. Because I have 2 very special days, with 2 very special people in mind.  My friend "K" answered by saying that she would relive her wedding day.  Now, I thought about that, and though the out come of those very special days for me were highly significant, I would not live the hassle over for a second.  So here are my 2 days:

The 1st day was a very beautiful day. Jamie and I had decided the day before that we were going to skip church, and instead spend the day about 1 1/2 hours North of Lubbock at Caprock Canyons.  We packed a picnic and went hiking all over the trails.  Its the day I think about when I think about "Jame".

The 2nd day was March 18, 2008.  Its kinda cheating because it is really one moment and not the whole day (even though the day was pretty fun).  I was sitting on the porch of a friend, thinking I was about to have a conversation that would either go good or bad for me. However, at the very last minute, as Ken was walking up the sidewalk, I found some kind of extra courage that made me walk up to him, and kiss him.  That was the single most important moment to Ken and I's relationship.  Had that moment not occurred, we would not have occurred. He was gonna shoot me down, had a professed my undying feelings for him.  I love him so very much. Just think about what we would have been missing if that kiss had never happened.  We reenact that moment all the time when we go to "H" and "J's" house.

No comments:

Post a Comment